Wondering how to prepare for the Five Day Meat test? Simple: head to your local grocery store, wander the meat section and/or freezer case, and load up.
Here is a sample shopping list to get you started.
- Beef or pork roast
- Pork chops
- Chicken breasts
- Ground beef
- Fresh fish, such as salmon or tilapia
- Bratwurst, hot dogs, smoked sausage
- Little smokies cocktail weenies
- Salami, whole or sliced
- Lunch meat
- Smoked ham
- Sausage patties (beef, pork, or turkey)
- Fish portions
- Shrimp cocktail rings
- Premade meatballs
- Frozen chicken breasts, thigh strips, etc. in bulk
- Burger patties (beef or turkey)
- Chicken nuggets
- Seasoning mixes (Mrs. Dash, Lawry’s spice blends, etc.)
- Simmer sauces
- Tomato paste/sauce
- Mayonnaise (for tuna/chicken salad)
- Ketchup, BBQ sauce, Tobasco
- Miralax or Colace (trust me)
You probably have all of the kitchen equipment you need on hand. Here are some bonus gadgets that may come in handy.
- Crock pot
- Sous vide equipment
- Cast iron skillet
- Broiler pan
- Contact grill
- Check your local Goodwill for a George Foreman grill, you can often find them for a few dollars!
- Plastic zipper bags for leftovers